INT Embedded Workshop INT-18-2a
From nucleons to nuclei: enabling discovery for neutrinos, dark matter and more
June 25 - 29, 2018
The goal of this workshop is to bring together physicists with a diverse range of expertise so we can survey the issues of nuclei as neutrino targets and laboratories for beyond-the-standard-model physics. Specifically, it will explore:
- The present state of neutrino-nucleus scattering models, and the interplay of those models with experimental data;
- Constraints on dark-matter-nucleus interactions;
- The use of nuclear beta decay to search for physics beyond the standard model;
- The physics impact of better information on neutrino-nucleon amplitudes;
- Complementary constraints on those amplitudes from other sources;
- Feasibility and planning of a new hydrogen or deuterium-target neutrino-scattering experiment.
There will be a $40 registration fee to attend the workshop. The registration fee includes participation in the workshop, lectures, and coffee breaks.